pages

วันพุธที่ 18 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Skinny Chopped Salad




My family eats a lot of salads during the summer months. I enjoy iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce with carrots, celery, cucumbers, and radishes. I can make a meal out of a garden salad but sometime I want something that is just a little different. Here is a recipe that puts a spin on an ordinary mixed green salad. It's a Weight Watcher recipe so you know that it is low in calorie and low in fat.  





Skinny Chopped Salad





Ingredients for Dressing





1/4 cup reduced fat buttermilk


2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese


2 Tbsp. fat free sour cream


2 Tbsp. fat free mayonnaise


1 Tsp. fresh lemon juice


1/4 Tsp. salt


1/4 Tsp. freshly ground pepper





Combine ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk. Set aside.





Ingredients for Salad





3 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped


1 cup seedless cucumber, chopped


1 cup vine ripe tomatoes, chopped


1/4 cup celery, chopped





Mix ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss well. This recipe will make 4 servings (1 1/2 cups each).





1 Weight Watcher point per serving





Time Saving Tips and Suggestions





When I am short on time I will buy the already prepared chopped celery and chopped tomatoes. I have also used bagged romaine lettuce that I coarsely chop.  You can also use iceburg lettuce instead of romaine lettuce.





For an even crunchier salad add finely chopped or shredded carrots and/or finely chopped or shredded cabbage. Spice it up with finely chopped onions and chives. 





This is a great summer salad and I like to take it to covered dish dinners or family gatherings. It's just different enough to create interest and it is so tasty and filling.


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น